This Program is designed for :
Educators and Schools
Practitioners and Therapists
This workshop will support practitioners working with kids to learn how to read physiological states underpinning challenging and difficult child behaviours via a nervous system lens.
Help children regulate their emotions via using a neuroscientific framework, incorporating trauma informed somatic experiencing, the polyvagal theory and gestalt therapy interventions.
- Learn how to integrate a menu of interventions that de-escalate challenging and difficult behaviors
- Regulate and sooth children, ultimately supporting better connection, health and happiness
- Helping reduce the impact of adversity, toxic stress, overwhelm and trauma in children
- Improve children’s capacity to focus, learn and regulate
- To collaborate with schools and roll out the three pillars of trauma informed care in early childhood educational settings
- To implement a multi – prong approach where practitioners working with kids, kids and families are addressing and responding to challenging childhood behaviours via a shared trauma informed lens
- Introducing the Grow Emotion Regulation Tool Kit for practitioners working with kids , practitioners, therapists and counsellors.
Working with Kids
- 9:00am - 12:00pm
All courses are conducted
on Melb. AU Time Zone
- AEDT - Australian Eastern Daylight Time - Ends 3 April, 2022
- AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time - Starts 2 Oct, 2022
Current Time – Melbourne – AU
This Program is designed for
- Youth Workers
- Youth & Family Counsellors
- Practitioners working with kids – from Kindergarten to University
- Social workers
- Police Officers
- Case Managers
- Local Council Early Years & Youth Departments
- Playgroup Practitioners
- Maternal Child Healthcare Nurses
- Local Council Youth Centres
- Foster Care Families
- Childcare workers & Kindergarten Practitioners
“The interventions and strategies are extremely helpful”.
“I feel like I can now support children with complex and emotional needs”.
“The pack and cards are a terrific resource”.
“The practical strategies to implement straight away to build the children’s capacity to self-regulate”.
“The role-playing has helped me to understand what the fight, flight, freeze response is. This further assisted in providing an insight into how children feel on the inside. Thank you for your strategy”.
“I think when you have a better understanding of what is happening inside our bodies it is easier to respond to challenging behaviour. “
“Great Team combination. Very engaging and worked well together.” What did you like best about this workshop? “The delivery of in-depth concepts were delivered with simplicity that in could relate to”
“Thank you for an amazing workshop”
“Really enjoyed the session, excellent, engaging and captivating content. Really well presented and fun. Thank you”
“Thank you for the session. I have tried a few things, and as a result and they worked.”